Thursday, August 20, 2009

Girls Night In

Amy and I made a kid swap on Monday, her taking Zachary and me taking Keely. While the boys had fun with cars and trains, watching Wall-E and, well, being boys, our house became very girly. By the night's end, the girls had played dress up, squealed in delight I don't know how many times, giggled about everything and nothing in particular, and located everything pink in the house.

I had a roll of sugar cookie dough, so they also got to be sugared up and decorate 15 cookies.



There's nothing quite like eating sugar cookie dough off your fingers.



One of Hannah's yummy treasures.



Keely enjoyed squishing her cookie into the sprinkles. Then she would eat the extra dough off her fingers. Smart girl!



Notice the predominate color? They turned out soft and yummy and we all had a good-night cookie.



And then there was the morning after . . .



Hannah refused to smile for me and just sat staring at the TV either with her mouth open or with a grumpy grimace. Nice. But over all, all four of the kids had a blast and we plan to do it once a month.

4 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Wow, wished I had been there for those cookies! Can I come next time??

Unknown said...

Hannah had a sugar hang-over. :-)

Brooke said...

How fun!! Am sure they both just LOVED it! I can just hear the squeals! :) (and I keep looking at that last picture and seeing Amy!! Wow.)

Lacey said...

Oh girlie night! How cute!