If you know anything about the Smith household then you know that there is just never a dull moment around here. I marvel that it is only Tuesday afternoon because it feels like it should already be Friday.
Sunday morning dawned and Zach had a slightly runny nose. Chad had started painting the playroom on Saturday and I also had a slightly runny nose so I assumed that he and I had allergy problems. I gave us both a dose of allergy medication and life continued as usual.
Monday morning dawned and Zach was a-okay, but Hannah had a stuffy nose. Bummer. We were going to try to have a play day with Aidan and Keely. To keep Finian on the safe side, it was a no go and we would try again on Tuesday.
This morning it was obvious that Hannah was worse. Her nose was running and she was a little more sedate, pulling out every stuffed animal she has ever owned and lining the back of her pillows with her smallest ones. We went through several tissues and, of course, no play day with Aidan and Keely. Bummer again.
To make life even more exciting, I have a bizarre problem with my right foot and ankle. It has been bugging me since we returned from Destin. I took a brief nap after lunch and when I awoke, it was numb. After slowly making it to the top of the steps, it completely gave out and I suddenly found myself sitting on the floor. Well there's a fine howdy-do. The magic crystal ball is starting to say "Doctor visits in the future. Prepare thy checkbook." I'm groaning just thinking about it.
On a more exciting note, I called Wee School yesterday and cancelled Hannah's spot in preschool. I also ordered preschool curriculum from Answers in Genesis. The playroom is going through a transformation this week and should be ready to go by the last week of August when I officially begin homeschooling Hannah and Zachary. I am so pumped about it. We will have school in the mornings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday will be shopping day. Thursday will be a play day or field trip. I already have my lesson planner started and have been collecting my goodies for several weeks now. Did I mention that I am super stinkin' excited about this? :)
So yet again, expect lots of stuff to be happening on the Ponderosa for months to come! Coming soon - the unveiling of the new and improved playroom. For now, I'll just say WOW!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment