Thursday, August 6, 2009

You'd Never Guess

Living so close to woods and the pond, I see a lot more wildlife than I used to. It always amazes me when I see how the critters have just adapted to our home being there and have started going on with life as usual.

For example, here is a nest of new baby wrens we have. The mama and daddy return year after year. Usually, they build in our Christmas cactus. But we moved the plant a couple of months ago thinking that they were done with their babies for the season. But they decided to have another set. Now here is the interesting part . . .



You'd never guess where they built the nest. They built in the exact same spot on our backporch where they always build. The catch is that there was a camping chair sitting there. Yep, they built the nest in the seat of the chair!!



We've been careful to keep the kids away from the chair. It's been so hot that it hasn't been a huge problem. Amazing, huh? Good thing Chad noticed the nest before I opened it up and got a BIG surprise!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

That is precious!