Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Yellow House Closes

Many of you know that I have a home business called The Yellow House. I love working with arts & crafts and thought that might be a terrific outlet for my creativity.

Well, three young children, homeschooling, children's ministry, and various other duties have taken precedence over these hobbies.

I prayed over this for nearly two years. I know that I did not consult God on the opening of the business and it really has created problems for me since I chose to go out on this limb by myself. I could almost hear God's voice in my head this week as I was driving up my driveway. And I knew that it was time to be obedient.

Surprisingly, I was excited to call and close the business. It was like a weight lifting off my shoulders. That's just how obedience feels. Freedom - pure and simple.

My hope is that God will allow me to reopen the business one day. But this time I plan on praying about it first!

No comments: