Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kid Free Zone

Chad and I got an amazing treat this weekend. Around 5:00 Friday evening, we waved good-bye to the kids as they drove away with Grandmommy and Papa. We then let out an elated sigh as we did whatever we wanted on any schedule that suited us.

Friday night was packed with a stop to the sports store to pick up Chad's mended club, dinner at Outback (where we ran into two of our dear friends who were also on a date!), stops at Family Christian, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Lowe's and Walmart. We stayed up until after 11:00 because we knew we could sleep in the next morning!

Saturday dawned . . . and we buried into the covers. We leisurely ate breakfast then went garage sale shopping in our neighborhood. We bought some fun goodies, made new friends, and gabbed with old friends. Then we came back to the glorious air conditioning and I made a late brunch which even included homemade hash browns. Who says I don't remember how to use my Kitchen Aid attachments? At 1:00 we headed up to Cindy's School of Dance and signed Hannah up for her first dance class! Then we came back and enjoyed the afternoon doing whatever our little hearts desired. I cleaned up the entire upstairs and even washed all the bedding and organized my schoolroom bookcase with my newly purchased organizing items. We had a late supper and watched GI Joe which was very fun and very action packed!

Sunday arrived and even without the kids, we were somehow late! I think I dawdled too long thinking I had tons of time. We watched TV while eating lunch on TV trays (ah, those were the days) and then just had some relaxing time for the afternoon.

I will admit that I cranked up Enrique Iglesias and Abba while I worked in the playroom. I will also admit that after the floor was cleared, I used the entire space as a dance floor. Yes, I am a dancing Baptist and, yes, I do have rhythm. lol

So now I go to put my shoes on and head out to pick up the kids. It has been a very relaxing and very enjoyable weekend. I'm starting to miss the kids a little, but I really think I could go a few more days and be just fine! Thanks Bill and Susie for offering R&R to this Mommy & Daddy. You two rock!

No comments: