Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cutting Boards and Trains

We set up the trains in the playroom yesterday. Zach just loves to build a gigantic track (and often asks me for more track) but we don't have many hard surfaces upstairs so the track keeps breaking apart on our carpet.

So today I pondered what we owned that could suffice as a track until we can create something for him. I remembered that I had a pretty sturdy cardboard sewing cutting board. Since it hasn't had much use lately I thought it just couldn't hurt to try.


They absolutely love it! The track still breaks apart some at the cutting board seams, but it works much better than on the carpet plus they can move around the board and play very easily. In the picture above is Hannah and Zach feeding their goldfish crackers to the trains while the hot Texas sun blazes in from one of the skylights.

No comments: