Though Zach does not turn three until Tuesday, we had his birthday party today. I really had not planned on having a party but was inspired after attending my nephew's party a few weeks ago. We invited family, which meant that we still had 13 adults ad 8 kids and some didn't even make it!
The theme was Thomas & Friends. Thomas is one of Zach's favorite characters right now and he can spend an hour just sliding around on his stomach driving his "frains" around. I got brave and made his cake. It was a Pillsbury Funfetti cake with white icing. I drew the train tracks on and added the chocoate Thomas set I got from Target. Then I added chocolate dirt and icing bushes with green sprinkles grass and flower sprinkles for added color. It was way too much fun!!
After having a build your own taco salad lunch, the kids enjoyed a very quick opening of a pull-string pinata. And, Amy, don't sweat it that Aidan was smart enough to pull the correct ribbon! I think the kids were more excited about all the loot that came pouring out than about pulling a string anyway!! For future parties, we decided we are going to get the traditional "whack-it-to-pieces" kind no matter how long it takes the little guys to break it open. They are just simply more fun. The up side of this kind, though, is that Thomas still looks terrific and is going to have a permanent spot hanging from a corner of Zach's room. Pretty cool momento from his first real birthday party.
All in all, the little guy had an incredibly fun time. He was so tickled that everything was just for him. I never realized just how many things he and Hannah have had to share. He was truly excited that it was all about him. For hours after everyone left, he played with all the toys he had received starting with the trains and cars, of course! He loves his Diego ball and even got to try out his new bubble mower on the parking pad where he raced back and forth. He ended the day with stories from his new Thomas book after playing some more with his new cars, trains, Thomas case, and raceway. We even installed his new light plate covers which match the room beautifully.
And here is one of the highlights of the party. First let me say that it took a long time to teach this boy how to blow. Blowing bubbles was what finally worked. And apparently it worked very well. Check out how accurately he can blow from a distance! I just had to laugh and roll with it. You never know what a kid is going to do. Hey, at least he didn't spit on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment