I absolutely love to take showers. When we designed our home, the master bath ended up being the size of my childhood bedroom. The shower is an amazing feature for many reasons. For example, did you know that from the beautiful tumble-stoned oasis you cannot hear a child crying? I also love it because it creates some solitude for me that allows the mommy-brain to disappear and remnants of my I-actually-do-have-a-college-degree brain to re-emerge.
So today my thoughts reflected on a conversation I had with Aunt Amy yesterday about her kids being two years apart in school. I thought,wow, Rebecca and Baby Mac will be in the same grade. Then I paused as I realized an error in my thinking for over a year now. I have always thought that Zach and Rebecca will be two grades apart. The way Chad and I think about it, we would have a senior, junior, and freshman all at the same time. Now if you know anything about the ages of all our kids, you know my math ain't right. I missed the fact that Rebecca will start school a whole year later because her birthdate is 7 weeks after the September 1st cut off date. Ouch. So that means that she will start school three years after Zach - not two.
To put it in even greater perspective, our last child will graduate from high school in 2027 and I will be 54. And that doesn't even count college. **THUD**
1 comment:
Girl, you are thinking way too far in advance. I refuse to think about graduation since I'll forever be 29. ;)
Post a Comment