If there is one sentence to sum up what life with three young kids equals, it would be "I just thought I didn't have time before."
For example:
- I relished the shower I got at nap time today and pondered when my next one could be scheduled.
- There is a stack of baby thank you notes to my left mocking me.
- There is a Mother's Day gift just behind that stack that needs to say hello to the post office. Dear woman, if you are reading this, please understand that the delay of the package in no way represents the amount of love we have for you!
- I have a to do list next to my computer that just needs to go away and a new list needs to be started. Just for my ridiculous sanity.
- There is a stack of stuff that I already went though and purged and the stack looks suspiciously taller. What kind of new math is that?
- Oh dear. Did I just spot my electric blanket in the corner waiting to be washed and stored? Yes...yes, I did.
- Mending? Isn't that just a stack where clothing that needs attention lays, looks at me sadly and hopes it will be remembered again before next year?
- And I just looked at the clock and realized that I put the kids down for their nap an hour too soon. That means there is an hour more in the day than I thought there was. To some that might sound great, to me it means one more hour of - how to put it nicely - chaos.
I promise to add pictures and movies of all the fun activities we have been doing of late. For now, hello from the crazy Smith household!
No comments:
Post a Comment