Sunday, December 21, 2008

Emerging Personalities

In spite of the difficulties that come with having two toddlers in the house, they can also be such a joy to observe. It is during these early years that their personalities start emerging and some cute little quirks appear.

Hannah has begun to develop strong relationships with all her "friends," which include Piglet, Penny, Mickey, and about a dozen other stuffed animals. Don't even try to tell her that they aren't real because she simply won't believe you. This morning, Chad and I heard her through her monitor calling out to Piglet when she woke up. Upon obviously finding him, she then sang to him. It was so incredibly sweet.


Here are Penny and Piglet. They may appear to be the same doll, but only to the untrained eye.


Next, we have Zachary. My energetic sweetie who loves cars and trains and won't listen to you even if the house is burning down. Did I mention that we are having his hearing tested in January? Seriously. He is getting better, but the boy will drive you nuts with his amazingly selective hearing and his unusual language that resembles Ewoks.


Here is his newest trick. He laughs over and over upon doing this. If Hannah wouldn't interfere, it would be hours of fun.


I try to treasure these moments because they can be so fleeting. It is hard to believe that my oldest will be four before long and that my youngest is already two months old. What a joy and a privilege it is to be a mother!



2 comments:

Angela Yosten said...

HEY JULIE! I just found that you had a blog through Google Alerts. Very cool... will be adding you to my blog list.

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! Is that a "back-up" Piglet?? Smashing pillowcase, too ;-). I love keeping up with you all through your blog.