Monday, December 15, 2008

Live for Christ

I am constantly amazed, outraged, and sickened by the news reports regarding children. I believe such horrible reports are not exactly new, but are easier to spread with the expansion of the Internet. And perhaps these reports did not bother me so much before I became a mother and before I sought to deepen my walk with the Lord. I am so saddened that our world has methodically removed God leaving behind a chaotic mess with no morals in sight.

Just yesterday, we were studying Proverbs 6 which talks about some things that God hates. Yes, you heard correctly. God does hate some things. This passage is contrasted with Matthew 5 in the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus tells us things that God loves. Time and again, our Lord commands us to preserve life, among other things.

If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, be bold for Him! Be in the world, but not of it. Allow God to shine through you. As Paul says in the first chapter of 1 Thessalonians, be imitators of the Lord and let your faith in God be known everywhere!

Rejoice in the Lord and do not be afraid to live for Him!

No comments: