It was a tough night. I'll be honest. I really didn't want to play or even talk with the kids tonight. It was one of my "no one really appreciates me" nights. I have to remind myself that I have three kids under the age of five sometimes. Someday they will say thank you for all the stuff I do for them, right?
So I will admit that after the kids went to bed, I dressed up in the bridesmaid dress from my sissy's wedding, fixed my hair, and added my rhinestone jewelry and even the tiara. Just to feel like a queen for a moment. I may sound like a basket case, but it cheered me up. Okay, I miss my stage days from time to time and the actress in me has to seep out somehow.
So after a slightly weepy conversation with Chad, he said I needed to plan a girl's trip for the spring. It was like the heavens opened up and the sun radiated from me. So I am giddy now and seeking out girlfriends of any age to go on a short cruise or visit an all-inclusive resort in the spring. Did I mention that I am giddy? LOL
1 comment:
What a wonderful idea! You need a break, Julie. I don't know how you manage with all 3!
Post a Comment