I got an afternoon off from the kiddos two Saturdays ago and went to the Prosper Arts & Music Festival. I wandered up and down the aisles picking up goodies here and there, admiring arts and crafts, and wishing I had time to get back to my hobbies. I happened upon a booth for The Wellness Institute and paused. A woman asked if I wanted to have a wellness checkup. Since I have been feeling under the weather for many months now, I agreed.
After a brief questionnaire, I determined that my greatest problem is pain in my neck and upper back. It is constant now and pain radiates down my right arm and leg on a regular basis. They scanned my neck with a device and found that my nerves were not responding properly. In fact, the whole right side of my neck has a 60% loss. For $20, I could come in for a consultation and two appointments, receive full x-rays and full use of all their equipment to determine the source of my pain. Six months ago, I would have balked. That day, I whipped my checkbook out and set up my appointment.
I went to the appointment tonight. I was disappointed that it is 45 minutes away in Frisco, but it was well worth the drive. Everyone is so friendly and there are Christian materials and scripture plaques in the main room. I met with a tech at first, answering questions, and having a preliminary test of my upper vertebrae. When we finished, she said "Hmm. I know Dr. Josh can help you." The look on her face told me that I was not such an easy patient. I asked if it was that bad. She said "We've had worse patients." Yikes. Then I met with Dr. Josh. After some more questions, he asked if I could come in for my first appointment tomorrow morning. Yes, folks, apparently I have issues. Neurological issues. Something is up with my spine and messages aren't getting through. (That's not technical terminology, by the way.) I had a full set of x-rays and I will meet with him tomorrow night at 5:00 to go over the x-rays, have my first correction, and start talking about changes I can make at home. Like get more sleep!
So I'll keep you posted on what's going on with my inner workings. We all knew I had issues, now a doctor has confirmed it. LOL
3 comments:
We'll be praying! I've got a vertebrae that's out of whack in my neck and gives me migraines so I feel your pain. Hopefully it will be something they will be able to get corrected quickly!
Yikes! I am SO GLAD you stopped and talked with them. I hope they can get you some relief!
Any updates?
Post a Comment