Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's About Time

Rebecca will be 8 months old next week. In the last year, including through my third trimester, I can honestly say that progress has been slow on just about everything. I could generally only keep up with one area at a time. For example, if the kitchen was clean, the rest of the house was a disaster zone. Ha!

I reflected on my life today and concluded that I am actually beginning to make some progress. Here is a list of what I have accomplished up to naptime:

  • Took the kids outside to play this morning
  • Played with each child individually, including a game with Hannah and reading two books to Zach (this hasn't happened in some time)
  • Made three phone calls
  • Researched fall events for Children's Ministry
  • Located and printed the school calendar for Hannah's preschool this fall
  • Got my bulletin submissions to the church . . . before the deadline
  • Made brownies
  • Got some stuff ready for our July garage sale
  • Bid on some Leapster games on Ebay
  • Just started load 6 of the 8 loads of laundry I will do today

I know it sounds so simple and I didn't actually make a dent in the pile currently in my room, but it is progress none-the-less. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel . . . and I am thankful it isn't a train. :)

1 comment:

McGrath Five said...

You ROCK!! Way to go - sounds like a great day!