Monday, March 9, 2009

Big Boy Room

We finally got Zachary's room just about finished! Daddy did a fantastic job painting the room a week ago and we got the room rearranged throughout the week. I walked into his room towards the end of the first nap he took in the room and got to watch him open his eyes. He looked at the wall, pointed, and said "Bue, bue." Then his eyes rolled back and he went back to sleep. It was so precious! Tonight when I tucked him in I reassured him (he is afraid of the dark right now) that he was in Zachary's Blue Room. He grinned at me and said "Yes!"

Here is his bookcase and lamp. The bookcase is part of the bedroom suite he will inherit. It belonged to his Daddy and his Pop Pop.



Here is another view of the bookcase. I bought the lamp for him when he was a baby and the accents match the walls perfectly!



He has John Deere bedding. (Thank you Nana & Pop Pop!) The walls match one of the blues in the curtains. The bed is also part of the special set.



The wall hanging was a baby quilt I got at a Women's Ministry auction last year. I couldn't believe that it matched perfectly! The dresser will go to one of the girls one day.



This was the toy sorter we had in the living room, but it also matched Zach's room perfectly so it got moved up. I cross-stitched a 1928 fire engine many years ago. It is going to be framed and will go on this empty wall.



We are adding color to our bland home one room at a time. Our next project will be a partial fence on the east side of the house. Then we will be painting the play room. Wait until you see the colors I found. I am so excited!


2 comments:

Katie A. said...

I love it! I'm sure Zach will love it for many years to come as well!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE his new room! So bright and happy! What boy wouldn't love that. :)