Zach is doing so well with his speech therapy. I was very pleased on Friday when the therapist praised his progress. He still has a long way to go but it is so nice to be able to understand him and communicate with him. There is one speech item that I sincerely hope clears up soon. He tends to replace the "t" sound with an "f" sound on some words. Now on the word "train" it really sounds cute when he says "frain." A problem arises, however, when he begins playing with his cars and trucks. Do you see where this is headed? Yes, he will loudly proclaim that he is playing with his "fruck," but the "r" is very quiet. It took me two full days of observing and communicating with him before I could translate the word. It probably took me so long because I was too mortified to totally focus.
So now I feel like I have to take him to church tomorrow with a disclaimer. I would like to think that everyone at church will miraculously understand him or that his speech will clear up overnight or at least that they will know that such a word is not uttered in our home . . . All I can do is sigh and remember the phrase "This too shall pass." Lord give me strength until it does!
1 comment:
That's one for the baby/toddler book! Reminds me of T going upstairs to get clean pants. But I *used* to call them "britches". That was before T started copying me but couldn't get the "R" so He was "Going upstairs to get some clean B_itches Mommy!"
hahahahaha
Post a Comment