Saturday, January 17, 2009

Locks of Love

I gleefully donated 12 inches of my hair to Locks of Love today. It was such a joy to simply be able to finally get my hair cut and also donate it to such a wonderful group.

Here is a picture from last night. I actually had 14 inches, but the stylist was a little conservative when she cut off the ponytails.


Here I am with one ponytail cut off.


Here is an after shot.



I am still trying to figure out how to style this new cut. I haven't had short hair in five years! The stylist cut it a little shorter than I requested plus she gave me gigantic layers in the back when I asked for "just a little layering." I'm not sure if I don't know how to explain what I need, I have difficult hair, or I am just exceedingly picky, but I swear that I have no memory of a hair cut where I said, "Yes, that it is exactly what I wanted!" No matter because I am just so excited to finally get a hair cut.

Mama Kitty joined me for the cut to take pictures then she treated me by watching Rebecca while I shopped for a couple of hours. I was truly footloose and kid free for almost three hours. Total bliss!!

If you would like more information on Locks of Love, visit them at http://www.locksoflove.org/.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You look great, Julie!!! I bet your head feels a lot lighter now. I'm so glad you got to enjoy some 'me' time.

Katie A. said...

That's awesome! I've done Locks of Love twice now and have cut 18 inches off both times. I am in the process of growing my hair back out to do it a third time, however, I will not be cutting it nearly as short this time! Your short hair looks wonderful though, and after long hair for so long, I know the joy of having your hair dry so quickly and not having so much to manage!!!