Since Friday morning it has been girls only around this house. Chad and Zach took a weekend trip to Mississippi to catch up with Papaw. I thought it would be so much fun to just have my girls. Hmm . . . maybe in a few more years.
We started off shopping Friday morning. Not so good. Rebecca made it clear that she was missing her morning nap. Plus the stores did not have what we were looking for. Plus there was an accident somewhere south of McKinney and I-75 was backed up for miles. Nice.
We went to visit my mom Saturday and that went fairly well. Rebecca has to be monitored closely in most homes - she's just at that age. Plus they napped on the way home. So no break for Mommy on Saturday.
Sunday arrived. Spring forward. YUCK!!!! Don't ever ask me what I think about Daylight Saving. DUMBEST TRADITION STILL IN USE!!! Anyone who promotes it obviously doesn't have young children who have to be adapted to a new time zone twice per year. On top of that, I served in the nursery during worship and preschool choir was still on (up until this week I thought I was going to get a break this Sunday). I tried to take a nap while Rebecca slept, but Hannah had ants in her pants and created so many distractions that she finally earned a spanking and was sent to her room. So another day without a break from the girls.
So here I sit at 11:21 PM Sunday night writing this to share with whomever reads this that I miss my boys terribly. They are coming home tomorrow and it just can't get here soon enough. The girls and I are taking Memaw to lunch tomorrow. I know it will mean the world to her. I think that is the only thing that will drag my weary body out the door tomorrow.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment