As I reflect on 2009, I know one thing is certain. I will not miss this round of illnesses. Currently, Hannah, Zach, Rebecca and I have pink eye with Becca and I having it in both eyes. Hannah has about 100 degree fever, has been laying down all day and hardly eaten anything and just threw up all over her bed, narrowly missing the new Leapster she received only hours ago. She also complained of a sore throat and nausea this morning though that seems to have subsided. Every joint in my body aches and I am currently having double vision - this morning I felt like I was about 80. Rebecca is teething which includes two molars. And, of course, all four of us have stuffy and/or runny noses. Only Chad has been spared from any illnesses. Thank you Lord!
So even though I am looking forward to a fresh start with 2010, I cannot forget the fun and joyous moments of 2009. We had a mostly enjoyable trip to Destin in July. Chad and I got two whole nights without children in November. We have also been serving with Awana this fall and it has completely changed our lives.
Rebecca learned to crawl, stand, eat baby and table food, drink from an open cup and sippy cup, suck through a straw, walk, speed walk, and climb; plus she got 11 teeth, learned to say a variety of words and got a plethora of illnesses including several skin conditions (that part is not so fun).
Zachary learned to talk and communicate, was finally potty trained, and the inner boy is making its prominent appearance (and sometimes smell).
Hannah continues to amaze us with her ability to quickly learn how to use any electronic device she encounters and is blossoming into a beautiful little girl.
Chad had an amazing year as chair of the Pastor Search Committee and Personnel Committee. He also testified against evolution before the Texas State Board of Education and registered for Biology which begins in January as he follows where God is leading him with his passion for microbiology. He continues to work on the side for Quasar writing code for cool things for the military and such. He had an awesome time on the church mission trip in July. And he is always pondering new and exciting topics for discipleship classes.
I just continue to work where God sends me (though my obedience is sometimes slow). I love the Mommy & Me play group, I relish my involvement with all the preschool workers at church, I have a passion for Vacation Bible School and all the other awesome children's ministry events, I totally dig writing newsletters, and now I get to experience the joy of leading preschool choir.
Where will 2010 take our family? Only God knows. And I am so excited about that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment