If you haven't heard, our family has been battling an evil little virus called Viral Gastroenteritis. The common name is stomach flu even though it is no relation to the influenza virus. The most common ailments are vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. Did I mention it's evil? So here is the timeline of how it's been going:
Thursday, 11/11: I wake up with serious intestinal issues, but contribute my troubles to my IBS and go about my business. Rebecca fusses during naptime for 2 hours, never sleeps, then vomits all over her crib and floor next to her crib. She then has the worst diarrhea I've ever seen in my life for the next three days. I experience the stomach cramping for about two days.
Wednesday, 11/17: Zach complains of a brief tummy ache just before dinner then decides he's fine, eats supper, and we go to Awana. That night, he spikes a fever and vomits all over his bed.
Thursday, 11/18: Zach has all the side effects and low and behold, I get a second round of the virus.
Friday, 11/19: By evening, Chad is the next victim.
So today we are all watching Hannah to see if she is going to get it. Zach is still very bad and has little to no energy. So sad that we may miss all the Thanksgiving festivities at church and with our family. We're taking it one day at a time and will determine on Tuesday who is able to travel and how far we can go. We may just have to have ourselves a little celebration here under quarantine.
No comments:
Post a Comment