Saturday, November 27, 2010

Healthy, but still quarantined

Just a quick update to praise God that my entire family is no longer sick. Thursday morning, Hannah and Zach both showed great improvement and began eating normally without throwing up. We dealt with this virus and all it's horrible side effects for 15 days.

Now the downside. This was a Norovirus which, according to the CDC, is still contagious up to 1-2 weeks after the victim stops having symptoms. Because I don't want to knowingly share this virus with anyone and because I do not want the kids to contract anything else, the kids and I will stay home from church tomorrow.

I don't think it's oversimplifying to say that I am going stir crazy. I have not left this house since last Saturday. I have not really had contact with anyone other than my family for more than a few moments for 8 days. If I were by myself, I think I would be fine. Since I have been with 3 sick, cranky siblings, it's been kind of like Chinese torture. I look forward to going to Brookshires this weekend just to see other people.

Today, I am very thankful for a healthy family and am exceedingly thankful for the phone and Internet so I can at least stay in contact with the world!

No comments: