Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Zachary

Today we celebrate the birth of our second child, Zachary Allen Smith. I was so fearful to become the mom of two children and especially the mom of a boy. What do you do with boys, I thought frantically. My fears subdued the moment he was laid on my belly.

He has, by far, been my most cuddly, lovable, compassionate child. He loves cars, trains, dinosaurs, dirt, his way-too-small Spider-Man costume, his numerous stuffed dolls, his new Spider-Man Leapster game, and, yes, his sister's costume jewelry and pretty dolls.

He has been slow to do everything, including arrive in this world. He came on his due date at 4:53 in the afternoon on the Friday of Memorial weekend. What an awesome birthday present it was. He weighed in at 9 lbs 2.4 ounces. I am amazed that I delivered him naturally because he had a huge head and shoulders, was 21 inches long, and had pretty large hands and feet. I guess he will someday be very tall like his daddy.

Happy 4th Birthday Zachary! I love you and I couldn't imagine my life without you!



**In honor of this walk down memory lane, I have posted the Snapfish link to his birth pics.

2 comments:

Katie A. said...

Happy Birthday Zachary! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

Angela Yosten said...

Happy Birthday Zach!