Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby birds are gone

All our baby birds have flown away. I can't believe how fast it happens! I got this picture of the baby wrens just a day before they took flight. It was so fast that we missed it, even though we were all home that day!
Our baby cardinals also took flight a few days before. I have a video of them learning to fly on the front lawn that I am attempting to upload to Facebook. Unfotunately, our second set of cardinal eggs did not make it. We think the mama bird was young and just didn't put the nest in a safe spot. It was too bad, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. Can't wait to see if we get any more hatchlings this spring. If I remember correctly, sometimes we get two hatchings in the same spring.

No comments: