Monday, January 11, 2010

M&M Interview

I was very blessed to be interviewed on Channel 12 this morning about the Mommy & Me play group. I was supposed to be at the station at 6:30 AM, but I was about five minutes late leaving the house. I still made it to the station by 6:33, but then I was stumped. Both the doors were locked, the doorbell wasn't working, and knocking got me nowhere as the early shift was in the soundproof area. I called Chad and he tried to make some calls, but that didn't work either.

I wasn't sure at first that I would make it on, but God had a plan. I felt like I needed to go to the back door again. Just at that moment, a man came out through a sound proof door to get something and he let me in. "You just made it," he said. And then very non-chalantly, "You have about a minute and a half." I heard my ludicrously calm voice say, "Oh, okay." I set my stuff down, greeted my interviewer, sat on the couch, put my lapel mic on and had about 30 seconds until we were live. Wow.

In hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't have much time because God knows exactly how nervous I get when I have time to ponder too much before speaking before an audience.

So if you want to check out my little 3-1/2 minutes of fame on Channel 12, visit http://www.kxii.com/morningshow/headlines and select Mommy & Me Playgroup. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2-weeks without an update. Someone is slacking. :-)