Potty training sure is different with boys! Hannah made the decision she was going to be toilet trained and just got down to business. Granted, it took three major attempts on my part to finally get there and she was almost 4 before it happened, but when she was ready, that was that. She was fully potty trained, even at night, within a few weeks.
And then there's Zach. First we had to get him to speak coherently. Then we had to understand him. They we had to learn two way conversations. Finally, I got him to pee on the potty sporadically, earn some stickers, and earn some trains in the process. Progress was slow at the beginning. After many weeks, he finally caught on and realized there were regular rewards involved, even if it was just a high-five. Two pages of stickers and about 12 trains later, he upgraded to big boy undies. This is the second full day of undies with only 3 or 4 accidents. He's still in pull-ups at night and at naptime, but we have been so pleased over all. He even goes potty without being prompted sometimes!
My big challenge will be feeling safe to put him in undies when we go out. I don't think I am there yet!
1 comment:
I have an idea for a patent. Small "target" that attaches to the inside of the potty for little boys to aim at. :-)
He will get there. I did! Of course, I was 17 years old when I figured it out. :-)
Post a Comment