Chad and I finally got the opportunity to celebrate our 6th anniversary this weekend and it was blissfully kid-free! We attended our niece's birthday party Saturday and then parted ways with the kids. Zach got to stay at the McGrath's and enjoy two days of boy-stuff. Hannah, Rebecca, and Keely piled into Grandmommy's van and off they went to Canton.
Meanwhile, Chad and I headed to Frisco and did some shopping. We also took some time at Dave & Buster's to play a ton of games, trade in our modest 800 tickets for Christmas gifts for the kids, and eat dinner. We picked up shakes at Steak & Shake and headed home for about an hour. Then we got to go together to the prayer vigil at church and did some stargazing at the top of a hill on the way home.
On Sunday, we attended church, including the Thanksgiving meal after service where we actually got to have conversations with several people! Then home we went to watch the Cowboys, do some light housecleaning, and relax. We headed to the Majestic around 3:30 for our 5:00 performance of The Nutcracker by the Moscow Ballet company. It was Chad's first ballet and he said he really liked it. I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially since it was a different version from the one I saw about 15 years ago. We parked in an amazingly efficient parking building across the street. Clearance was 6 feet. I seriously got claustrophobic while we were driving in there. Chad couldn't even get on tip-toe because he would hit his head on the ceiling! After the ballet, we headed to PF Changs for dinner. We were dressed up for the ballet, of course, so we got a few looks! LOL
Monday morning dawned and we actually slept in! Heavenly!! We went for a late breakfast at IHOP, shopped at Wal-Mart, then picked up the girls in Allen and traded a niece for a son in Anna.
There is no way I could fully express my gratitude for all the family members who made this awesome weekend possible. If only y'all could have been able to observe the calm, peaceful, joyful woman I was the last two days. Alas, she has been replaced by the furrowed-brow mommy who is glad that bedtime arrived tonight! Time to plan another weekend . . .
1 comment:
WOW! That sounds so fantastic! So glad you go to have that time together--much needed, I'm sure. Hmmm...now I'm trying to figure out how I can do soemthing similar! lol!
Post a Comment