Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

We are approaching the end of a long week around here. It has been raining for days on end and we finally got to see some sunshine this afternoon. The kids got their flu shots on Tuesday. Oh, what fun that was. The nurse went down the line and all three got stuck in the leg. We had plenty of screams to share, but they got over it quickly after learning that they had earned a sucker, sticker, and prize.

Rebecca was a bit fussy and I thought it was the shot plus some light allergies. Wednesday morning dawned and it was obvious she had a cold. Yucky. So I had to miss my second week of Awana as a Sparks leader. Bummer. Today she was really sick and tonight Hannah had a hefty fever and Zach had a low grade fever. More yucky.

So now I am going to miss the Awana conference on Saturday and probably church on Sunday. Don't get me wrong. I'm so thankful this is nothing serious. It's just a disappointment. The highlight of the day, which is helping me cope (wink, wink), is I got to go to Wally World all by my onesie and fill the cart to my heart's desire plus I got to go to Office Depot and purchase my new desk. PLUS Chad ordered my new computer this week. I am purring and making biscuits. (Only cat lovers will understand that one!) This was all healthier than me eating a bag of Oreos, but a little more expensive . . .

1 comment:

Lacey said...

How's everyone feeling now?