Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Papaw's

I am seriously behind on my posts again. It will take me a few days to report on the last few weeks. We went on a family vacation, leaving on June 29 to Brookhaven, MS. We stayed with Chad's Papaw a few days then drove on to Destin, FL where we had rented a house within walking distance of the beach. Today, I will just talk about Papaw's.


For the first time in awhile, we had a nice relaxing stay with Papaw. No one was contagious, the weather was great, and there were no lit pilot lights. Hannah and Zach were able to sleep in a bed by themselves so Mommy and Daddy were finally able to sleep in the same bed again. Just to keep things a little lively, Rebecca joined our room in a pack-n-play. She became the root cause of my lack of sleep, but that's to be expected.


On Tuesday, Lori and Addison came and played all day. It was so much fun getting to visit and watch the kiddos. Here is a sweet picture I caught of Addison.





The kids all got to ride with Daddy in Papaw's golf cart a few times. They rambled all over the place and Mommy got a little break. Ahhh, sweet bliss.





Papaw discovered that Zach is still quite ticklish. This was a rare moment to catch Zach laughing in a picture as he is suddenly very much against having his picture taken.




I think this is a neat perspective pic that I got of Lori and Addison on the porch swing.




My happy country boy.



Papaw and Rebecca really bonded this trip. She was so tickled every time Papaw came into view. He doesn't usually like to hold the little ones, but he seemed to get a kick out of Rebecca.




Papaw and the girls.



We attempted to get a picture of Papaw, Chad and the kids. This is the best we could do!



We stopped back through on Sunday, but it was mostly just to say howdy to everyone including Billy and Judy whom we got to visit with briefly, sleep over (okay, I slept WAY over - again thanks to Rebecca), and head back home. Chad did manage to pick at least 8 quarts of blueberries. We brought those home and they are being put to good use in the juicer from Pop Pop and Nana. Yuuuuummy!

We look forward to our next visit to Mississippi. The older the kids get, the less stressful it is for Mommy. Maybe if I didn't have a child who had electrocuted herself, another who is fascinated when he has blood running down his legs, and another who has just learned to crawl, I wouldn't panic so much in non-childproofed homes. Some day I will look back on all this and laugh. Some day.

3 comments:

Keelie said...

Wow! I know what you mean about the stress when you are "out of your element." Our house is not exactly child-proofed but we have a barricade in the living room and I don't really like leaving that baricade when Glory is awake! Did one of them really get electrocuted?

Julie said...

Hannah was electrocuted when she was a toddler. She touched a live wire with wet fingers causing an arc that went straight through her right index finger. It was an uncovered outlet in the McKinney church nursery of all places.

Lacey said...

Great pictures! I love the one with Z and Papaw laughing. That is a keeper for sure! Glad you had a good visit, even though really short. Wish we could have been there, but then it wouldn't have been as fun, probably. hahaha Cuz then we'd have competition and fighting amongst the cousins.