Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Missing My Man

I am going to pause and lament for a moment. Chad left on Sunday for the church mission trip in southern MO and I have been solo with the kids since then. I have been stuck with them and haven't even been able to leave the house for two days. I had plans. You know I always do. But they have all been thrown out of whack and I have been in survival mode.

You know it's bad when you put The King and I on and sit two feet from the TV so you can focus on the movie and ignore the kids fighting. Yes, I admit that I did that tonight. Tomorrow I am going shopping for several hours with all three of them. I might come home with three kids. Then again . . .

Oh how I miss my wonderful husband. I miss seeing him around the house, horsing around with the kids, gathering up the trash for Thursday trash day, watering all the outside plants, rubbing my aching shoulders, and just giving me that "You can do it" hug that goes such a long way. Come on Friday and get here!!

4 comments:

Keelie said...

Sounds like a great guy to have around! He will behome before you know it..Now how about a girl's weekend???

Lacey said...

You have a wonderful husband, don't you? :) Course, I am a tad bit partial to him. hehehe

Unknown said...

He is definitely a keeper Julie. I too am ma bit partial though. :-)

PopPop

Unknown said...

Oops, too early for PopPop's fingers to be on a keyboard! Too many "m"s