Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Dentist Appointment

I finally got around to taking Hannah & Zach to the dentist this week. I had been shopping for one for some time and finally found a new pediatric dentist in Prosper. It baffles me that I chose the week that Chad would be gone to do this, but I did it anyway! All three kids came in tow and off we went to Roberts Dental Ranch. It was so nice with murals on all the walls, a super friendly staff, and two age-appropriate play areas with two TV's playing kid movies.

I was very surprised when the kids also got to pick out the movie they wanted to watch while getting their teeth cleaned. They have a flat screen TV suspended on the ceiling above the exam table and the kids listen with wireless headphones! Hannah chose The Little Mermaid and Zach chose Madagascar. First they attempted to get x-rays. I held each of them individually in my lap and they put the vest over the front of us. Hannah only succeeded on getting the top teeth. Zach was much better and he got the top teeth and partial lower teeth.

Hannah was a little freaked, but did fairly well. No cavities. Her teeth are great and the gap between the front teeth will probably disappear when the adult teeth come in. You could see them on the x-ray and they look nice and straight. Dr Roberts even told me they will probably come in first in about 18-24 months. She got a new toothbrush, travel sized toothpaste, dental floss, a princess floss pick, and pink egg timer. Plus she got a green balloon, Ariel sticker, and a clapper toy. Wow, huh?

Zach was much better. No cavities, but his teeth are riddled with overbites and underbites like his Mommy's former teeth arrangement. Like Mommy, he will most likely have braces down the road. From the x-ray, which looked great, his bottom teeth will most likely come out first in 2-1/2 to 3 years. Zach also got a new toothbrush, travel sized toothpaste, dental floss, Buzz Lightyear floss pick, blue egg timer, green balloon, and two bouncy balls which he immediately bounced down the dentist hallway.

We go back in six months. Dr Roberts said he likes to see them six months after their first teeth come in, so Rebecca will also get her own appointment at that time. Unless Daddy comes with us, I will bring her separately. Not a glutton for punishment, thank you very much!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

You are a brave brave mommy to do that on your own!