Such was this week. Tuesday we went down to visit Grandma Rissmiller and say howdy to a visiting Aunt Carol. The kids were, as usual, rowdy and very excited to see Memaw. I was so grateful to have Aunt Carol's help in at least keeping track of them as Zachary has been a regular Houdini.
Here are the girls the morning before we went to Grandma's. Hannah absolutely loves her baby sister and can't wait for her to start playing. She asks me all the time if Rebecca is old enough now to play. So sweet!
Zachary's ECI worker came on Wednesday to get us set up in the program. Zach's assessment with the speech therapist will be on Feb 20. All the appointments will be in our home and, thank you Lord, they will be free since we will only be on the program until his third birthday in May. Yippee!
We enjoyed another fun-filled MOPS play day on Thursday at our house. The kids always have a great time, especially when Aunt Amy, Aidan and Keely get to come. The kids decorated sugar cookies and made a Valentine flower craft.
Friday, Donna daughter Makayla came for the day. Hannah loves Makayla, who is about 18 months older. She gets a lot of Makayla's clothes, many of which have princess or Dora references. If you haven't talked with Hannah lately, let me fill you in on a secret. She LOVES princesses and Dora!! So the kids played and watched some movies. I got a big laugh when I dug out the video that I did the voice overs for in 1999. Makayla sort of understood that it was my voice with the animated characters but Hannah kept telling me that the girl in the movie was NOT mommy. Later in the day I had a sad appointment, but that will need its own post.
Today was a very fun day. We took a family trip down to Allen to let Hannah pick out her prize for pooping in the potty three times. She is probably fully potty trained now but I still haven't switched her out of pull-ups at night. I am so proud of her!
Here is my big girl this morning. She just loves to dress up and "look cute" as she says. Chad lamented today that he fears that her wedding is going to be very expensive. :)
So her reward for potty training was a V-Tech Kidi Zoom Camera. This thing is just like our digital camera except hers also adds sound effects and borders to the pictures! It even takes movies and has games on it!! Here Hannah is showing it off.
In addition to getting Hannah her camera, we purchased some new door knob covers for Zachary's room. I laid him down for a nap and he amazingly popped the new covers off in less than five minutes. Last night we had to run him back into his room for about two hours. He has even learned how to move an object over to the gate and scale it to get over the closed gate. Somehow he will make it to his third birthday, but it will take a lot of self-control on my part!! We also picked up some paint for Zach's room and will paint as soon as time permits. I can't wait to show off his morphing John Deere bedroom.
So I am just plumb tired as I review this entry. I might just take a nap!
1 comment:
I can hardly believe how big Hannah is!
Post a Comment