Monday, February 16, 2009

Zachary's Turn!

For the last few weeks, Zachary has begun to strip down and sit on the potty. Mostly he just enjoys throwing toilet paper in and flushing. Today I got a big surprise when he actually peed!! I was very thankful that he sat far enough back that it landed where it was supposed to. I keep trying to show him how to "be a man," but he wants to be just like his big sister so we are in a sort of dilemma. I'll just count my blessings and believe that he will get this all figured out in the months to come. So I am reminded of Hannah's favorite phrase . . . "Zachary's turn!" She is ever the fair one, always making sure little brother gets the opportunity to receive whatever wonderful treasure she is getting. Potty training is no different. She likes to go potty and then announce that it is "Zachary's turn!" Turns out she is right!

And Zachary really does love his sissy. Tonight he climbed up in her bed and snuggled under the covers next to her. I was somewhat surprised and asked if Hannah would like Zach to sleep in there with her. I got a flat "No." She was also perturbed that he moved two of her friends to lay down. As soon as Daddy took him to his room, the friends were moved back into their assigned spots!

No comments: