Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Milestone

I have been blogging about Rebecca a lot lately, haven't I? Well, I guess it's because so many milestones happen in such a short period of time when they are this age.

The latest milestone? She gained enough height to finally turn round doorknobs. She came bounding in my room after nap time yesterday and early this morning. I have been watching and waiting for this dreaded day to come. It means that no doorknob is safe. No room is off limits. No room can contain her. No unlocked external door can be relied upon.

This may all sound outrageous and over the top, but some of you may share my memories of me "losing" Zach inside my house and us finding him walking down the long driveway with Sylvester.

My remedy with Zach became childproof doorknob covers - everywhere. When he learned to pop those open, it lead to duct tape around some of the covers. Yes, I trapped my son in his room during rest time so I could get a much needed break.

Today at nap time, I pulled those covers back out, sans the duct tape. I am hoping that Rebecca does not learn to pop the covers off for some time. Otherwise, mean 'ole mama is gonna come back out . . .

No comments: