Sunday, October 10, 2010

Changes, Allergies and Awanas

It has been oh-so-busy around here the last week. After receiving the excited "okay" from Zachary, we are finally swapping Rebecca and Zachary's bedrooms. I knew it was going to be a challenge with all the toys and furniture, but you never know exactly how much you have until you begin to move it.

Chad went to enjoy a few days at Papaw's this weekend. While he was gone, I decided to really dig in and cleared half of Zach's room. We also went to Lowe's and picked up the paint for Zach's new room. It is simply titled "Sand 3." Zach thinks it's way cool. Daddy tried to complicate it by asking if that was sandbox sand or ocean sand. Thanks Daddy. lol But it didn't deter Zach. He is still very excited. We will complete the furniture move over the next few days and then paint will be at the end of the week.

The other not-so-fun stuff lately has been allergies. From the day I got back from Disney, a variety of allergens have been lurking in the air. Apparently, I am allergic to them all. My sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and subsequent headache and body aches have escalated and it now appears that I have an upper respiratory infection. Since Chad has IBM training all this week, I'll be making the journey to the doctor tomorrow with three little urchins in tow. Maybe that will make the nurses push me through a little faster.

I know this post is an assortment of items, but I also wanted to share how much I am enjoying Awana this year. I am the Sparks Director this year. I was a bit hesitant on taking the role because it is much more responsibility than just a leader, but I wouldn't change it for anything now. It is so FUN!!! We had 28 Sparkies last Wednesday. When you have 28 kindergarten through 2nd graders in one room, there is always a lot going on! Between me and the four leaders (including Chad), we keep them in line. I think my favorite part of being with the Sparkies is their honesty. They will ask you any question that pops in their minds without any reservations. And they are so thirsty to hear about Jesus and the Bible. It's such an enormous blessing to be a part of this ministry and I pray that God keeps me in this role for awhile.

So now I am off to take some more medicine and hopefully get some good rest for the night!

No comments: