I write tonight with a heavy heart. It is not for me or anyone in my family. It is for a family in Uganda who is grieving over a lost sister and daughter. I received a call from Compassion International tonight and I was shocked to learn that my beautiful sweet little 6-year-old Patricia contracted meningitis and was rushed to the hospital on June 26. They were unable to help her and she passed away on June 27. I can hardly bear the thought of losing a child in such a time of life. Her letters to me (via the workers of course) were always decorated with her colorful doodles and they always talked of the busy little life she had.
So tonight, I am full of thanksgiving. I am thankful that my test results for the calcifications came back benign. I am thankful that my back is improving. I am thankful my husband has an amazing job. I am thankful that we are able to buy groceries any time we need to. And right now, I am most thankful for all the vaccines my children receive. Because without them, I am certain that I would not still have all three of my beautiful healthy children.
Thank you, Lord, for reminding me yet again that I live in an incredibly privileged nation.
1 comment:
SO sorry to hear about Patricia. I know that she was truly blessed to have your family as a sponsor family. We will be praying for her family as they grieve. I can't imagine the pain.
Post a Comment