For the last week, my hubby has been talking about the beautiful quick smiles he had been receiving from Rebecca. Her official "first smile" was recorded on Sunday when she definitely returned his smile not once but twice in a row. I missed it being across the room.
The last few weeks have been a challenge for me as I deal with sleep deprivation and volunteer responsibilities. Don't get me wrong. I love both (okay, not the actual sleep deprivation, but the reason for it), but they can wear you down. Add to that a recent situation I have to address and you have a stressed out tired mommy.
God knew exactly what I needed. This afternoon I put H & Z down for naps and settled down to feed Rebecca. She gazed intently at me as I smiled and spoke to her. Then I got a big beautiful smile just for me. Not once, not twice, but three times in a row! I just boo hooed over her sweet little head.
At times, I have experienced how life can feel so pressing and fires can seem so overwhelming. It is incredibly important to recognize the many blessings that come your way. Something as simple as the first smile from your baby can just brighten the whole day. Just think if I had missed that little blessing. Sometimes a smile can fix everything. :)
1 comment:
Awww, how precious!
Post a Comment